- Microsoft Access (Including limited Visual Basics)
- PHP (both 7 and 5) and MYSQL/MySQLi (current version)
- HTML5 and CSS3 and Bootstrap 3 + 4
- React, Gatsby, Node.js, Firebase, Contentful
- Agile Development
- WordPress development including multisite setup
- Team Player
Newcastle College BSc (Hons) Applied computing degree 2:1, Modules covered are as follows
- Java development- Medical Application (Simple but aesthetically pleasing UI).
- Dissertation, Disability assessment platform using react, Gatsby, firebase and Contentful (Live site at https://testdis.social).
- Android app development (Communicating with a php backend and separate php built website.
- Group Project carried out all actual development on a php driven site for property management (increasing both php skills and collaborative knowledge using agile).
- Database design and development (Microsoft access and visual basics)
- Website Fundamentals (HTML5 and CSS3 including responsive design from the get go)
- Dynamic Web Applications (Responsive site with content management HTTML5 and CSS3)
St Bede’s, Lanchester
- A Level: B in Product design, C in Biology
- As Level: C in Business and in General Studies
- GCSE 7 A’s, 2 B’s (Including math’s, English and science.), 1C and 1D
Kitchen Porter - The Punch Bowl Inn- Edmundbyers, Consett, County Durham
Team work is critical due to the high throughput of customers as such being able to work under pressure is often on show as well as adapting to the constantly changing dynamic situation of business.
- Increasing my ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Balancing an increasing workload by taking on more responsibilities such as cellar cleaning and gardening while ensuring productivity levels remain high.
- Problem solving such as working around the lack of space available during
- peak times.
This role has since been expandded to front of house work to further improve customer interaction and engagement skills.
Boys Brigade Volunteer- Consett, County Durham
Helping in anchors, juniors and company section, including activity planning and execution as well as making sure the wellbeing and engagement is a top priority to make coming a positive experience.
- Finding the best way to make sure everyone is happy with tasks and activity’s.
- Problem solving, i.e. available equipment being adapted to tasks.
- Working with other volunteers as a team to ensure shared responsibility and the more effective use of time.
Sounds pretty surreal to say new technology but they do say to focus on what you love, and I just do hence a focus on new languages (just to play with until there ready for prime time). Current focus is on Gatsby as who doesn’t find the idea of extremely low running costs appealing (where talking just the cost of a domain it’s that cool).
Going on long walks is obviously part of developing, the only clinically proven (in my imagination) way to tackle issues and bugs, with a clear mind. Any type of adventure really, bike riding and climbing that sort of thing always makes me see life with a new more exciting perspective.